Create a New Incoming Shipment
Create a New Incoming Shipment – is a form used to register in PayTraq the specifics of items physically received in the warehouse. Goods can be received to the warehouse:
The internal movement of goods always begins at the sender’s warehouse. An incoming shipment document is automatically created at the recipient warehouse. It requires the confirmation of the receipt of goods.
If an incoming shipment for goods purchase or a sales return from a customer is created before an invoice/a credit note receiving, then an invoice/a credit note needs to be created for this receipt (receipts) later to complete the operation. If an invoice is created first, a new incoming shipment is created automatically. If a credit note is created first, a new incoming shipment for the sales return is created automatically. It has the latest calculated cost of goods sold and requires confirmation.
Incoming shipment can be imported into a purchase invoice or credit note. One incoming shipment can be linked to only one invoice/credit note.
How to create a goods purchase if the goods are received before the invoice?
1. Select menu Warehouse-> New operation-> Create a New Incoming Shipment.
2. Select the type: Purchases, enter the shipment date, select the warehouse, and the supplier. Click Continue button. If you can’t find the supplier in the supplier list, enter the supplier’s name in the appropriate field to create a new supplier (all supplier’s data can be added later).
3. Add the goods and their quantity to the item list. To create a new line click "Add a New Entry" link or N button on your keyboard. To create a new product, click "Create a New Product" link (all product’s details can be added later). Click "Update" button to save the changes.
4. Check the document and click "Approve" button. The goods have been received to the warehouse and the shipment has been saved with "Waiting for Invoice" status.
5. To link an incoming shipment to an invoice, open this shipment, click "Create a New Purchase Invoice", fill out the invoice form with the necessary data. To link a purchase invoice to an incoming shipment, first create a purchase invoice, in the new invoice screen select suitable shipments from "Import Lines from Shipment" section, click "Import" button, all product lines from selected shipment(-s) will be imported. Fill out the invoice with the necessary financial data.