How to Create a Warehouse?
A warehouse is a place where products are stored and moved. You can view your warehouses in your Warehouse List. Warehouses can be sorted based on their name, code, mark-up/discount, status and type.
Creating a new warehouse:
1) In the main menu click Warehouse -> New Operation -> Create a New Warehouse.
2) In the open window:
- Enter the name of your warehouse
- Select its code (if you want to assign one)
- Indicate the type of your warehouse – wholesale or retail
3) Flag to select additional options:
Set as Default – the warehouse will be used as default in the program. This option ensures that the warehouse flagged as default is always on top of the list of your warehouses.
Inactive – suspends warehouse operations for a selected period of time.
Negative Stock Enabled – this option allows you to add to sales documents more of an item than you had in stock. When this happened, the item's quantity went negative. PayTraq checks the historical and actual stock availability of each product stored at the warehouse both on the date of the document and the current time.
Press ‘Continue’ button to complete the new warehouse creation. Then the warehouse settings section will opens automatically. In this section you can view, add and, if needed, change any or all warehouse settings.
The warehouse settings section comprises three tabs:
1. The ‘General Information’ tab
In the ‘Mark-up/Discount’ field, you can set the general warehouse mark-up or discount (mark-up with a plus; discount with a minus) that will be applied to all products sold from this warehouse by automatic recalculation of all prices from price lists.
To have the loading area displayed automatically in all outbound delivery documents from this warehouse, select one of the addresses in the ‘Loading Area’ field or enter a new address by clicking ‘New Entry’.
2. In the ‘Promo Discounts’ tab, you can create discounts for any product sold from this warehouse. The discounts will be displayed in the documents as an in-line discount. To edit the discount, click ‘Change’. To delete the discount, click ‘Delete’.
3. In the ‘Accounting’ tab, you can set up an inventory account for the warehouse (or leave the default settings). This option can be useful in case you want to control inventory of the warehouse using a separate general ledger account. If you don’t need a separate account, leave the default settings and the warehouse inventory value will be assigned to default inventory account from the chart of accounts.