How to Create a New Product?
1. Go to Warehouse section and choose Create a New Product option from New Operation drop-down menu.
Create a New Product – this form enables you to create a new product card that contains all information about the product – general information, suppliers, linkage with general ledger accounts, sales prices, and information about available inventory quantities.
2. In appearing quick product registration window:
- Enter the product name
- Enter the product code (if applicable).
- Select the product type: stockable (a product for which you want to keep track of inventory and manage inventory level), consumable (a product for which you do not want to manage the inventory level but that you can receive and deliver) or fixed asset.
Product uniqueness is checked based on the product code and product name.
Press the Continue button. New product is created! Now you can choose to enter detailed information of the new product or do this later.
3. Fill out all of the required fields in the General Information tab by entering information about the product. If needed, select the product group and set up tax keys for sales and purchases. Press Change button to save the entered information.
4. Enter the product price for the price group in the Price List tab. To that end, press Create a New Entry button, select the price group, enter the price nominated in the currency of the selected price group, and press Create button to save the entered information. To edit this entry, click Edit icon. To delete the entry, click Delete icon. For the price group marked with a "tax included" flag, the prices set should include the taxes (gross).
5. To automatically add the supplier’s price into the purchase invoice, enter the supplier’s prices in the Suppliers tab. To that end, press Create a New Entry button, select the supplier, price and currency. Press Create button to save the entered information. To edit the entry, click the Edit icon. To delete the entry, click the Delete icon.
6) In the Accounting tab, you can enter or change preset accounts for a specific product: an income account and cost of sales account for stockable products, or fixed asset account for fixed assets.